Foreign Policy magazine published its Ten Stories You Missed in 2008. The list makes for interesting reading. The ten stories are:
- The Surge in Afghanistan starts early.
- Colombian coca production increases.
- The next Darfur heats up.
- The United States helps India build a missile shield.
- Russia makes play for Africa.
- Greenhouse gas comes from solar panels.
- Shanghai steel fails basic safety test.
- Aid to Georgia finances luxury hotel in Tbilisi.
- For first time, U.S. citizen convicted of torture abroad.
- American company sells ‘sonic blasters’ to China.
They also have a list of the ten worst predictions for 2008. Hindsight may be 20/20, but these predictions make for interesting reading!